January is the perfect time for a cozy and content hygge day. I love this article from the New Yorker and think it perfectly describes the Danish concept.
- The perfect slippers. These L.L.Bean slippers are largely regarded as just about perfect in New England.
- Candles. White Barn makes my favorite candles.
- Play your most relaxing playlist. I love this classic jazz one from Helena!
- Apply a face mask. This HydraClay Detox Mask epitomizes Hygge!
- Go for a walk. Even when it’s cold, I always try to go walking outside. I really believe there is no replacement for fresh air, even if it’s hurting your face. I love these Sorel boots for when there’s some snow or slush on the ground!
- Read a book. The perfect hygge moment in my eyes involves a physical book and zero blue light. Currently on my list is Elizabeth Gilbert’s The Signature of All Things. I love ‘Big Magic‘, but I have never read one of her novels, so I am really excited to jump into this one.
- Make a hot cup of tea. There are so many different types of tea, but I really want to try this detox tea from David’s.
- Get cozy under a warm blanket. These blankets from Target are so soft and delightful, I love that they come in large sizes so your whole body is covered.
- Make some chili for dinner. What’s better than homemade chili on a cold winter night? I have been dying to try this white chicken recipe!
- Bake something. I am always pinning tasty treats over on my Pinterest page, and this chocolate cake is my most recent addition!
What do you need for a perfect hygge moment? Let me know in the comment section! Have a wonderful day!
Happy Spring Equinox, World! I think Bostonians deserve a medal of valor for surviving the snowiest winter on record. Also, so does everyone who had to listen to us whine all winter! Instead of celebrating by bombarding you with colors and florals (don’t worry, there will be plenty of that too come!) I wanted to share what I’ve learned this winter, as Mother Nature fits in one more snow squall (it’s snowing outside as I type this!)
Ann Taylor and LOFT make some of my absolute favorite sweaters. They’re soft and comfortable, wicked cute, and super low maintenance. This one in particular may be one of my all time favorites, because I can wrap myself in it on a lazy Sunday and still feel put together, which is a major factor in my working from home productivity. I had around half a dozen “working from home” days this winter, and I’ve found that the feeling great in the right sweater can really help me buckle down and get to work, even when my couch and ten seasons of FRIENDS are calling my name ten feet away. I have wanted to head out to the Natick Mall (about 20 miles outside of Boston) to check out the new Lou & Grey store since it opened a few months ago, and I think this weekend I may finally pull the trigger! In case you haven’t yet heard of it, Lou & Grey is Ann Inc’s newest addition to the family which perfectly embodies the “comfortably confident” look and feel that I have in this particular Ann Taylor sweater. I’ve been perusing their website for ages now, and think I now is the perfect time to go and see the pieces and store for myself! With some of the snow melting and the weather hovering above freezing, I can finally venture out into the world to check out this wardrobe gap I have apparently had in my closet! Lou & Grey’s new spring arrivals are lightweight and perfect for the upcoming warmer weather, too! Though winter may be officially over, I have a feeling wearing sweaters at home is definitely not!
I listed some of my favorite pieces below, and if any of you have any experience with a Lou & Grey store I would love to hear about it!
My Outfit Details: Sweater: Ann Taylor | Tank: LC Lauren Conrad | Necklace: J.Crew | Earrings: Kate Spade | Jeans: Lucky Brand | Boots: Bandolino | Lipgloss: MAC Cosmetics in “Oyster Girl”
Favorite New Arrivals: Beachcomber Hoodie, Bomber Jacket, Meshline Sweater.
Favorite Sale Sweaters: Fadeout Open Cardigan, Marlmix Sweater Jacket, Tipoff Open Cardigan
Have a great weekend, and Happy Spring!
With temperatures now consistently below 40, I finally accepted the fact that winter is here for good. Luckily, I found the perfect cold weather accessories to make myself a little bit more excited for the winter (but only a little).
I am seriously in love with these Sperry Top-Sider duck boots. Not only are they great for walking through the snow and the slush, but they also bring one of my favorite summer trends (nautical stripes) into winter. I could easily wear navy and red all summer long, and I love that these boots make it possible to do so in the winter as well!
Other winter trends I can’t get enough of: toggle coats, leather gloves, and plaid blanket scarves!
Outfit details- Coat: Old Navy (also love this one and this one) | Jeans: GUESS (on MEGA sale right now!) (similar here) | Duck Boots: Sperry Top-Sider (also obsessed with these!) | Gloves: Topshop (cashmere tech gloves are another guilty pleasure of mine) | Hat: UGG Australia (old, similar style here, love this pom-pom beanie) | Scarf: Abercrombie & Fitch (it’s reversible!) (also love this one and this one) | Socks: American Eagle (colorful fair isle pattern here) | Purse: Tommy Hilfiger (old, similar style here and here)
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10
I always dedicate the month of November to Christmas shopping. I always enjoy taking the time to find everyone on my list a thoughtful gift that I know they will love, instead of scrambling for something last minute. Shopping early also helps me stay within my budget and shop around for the best price. Once the Christmas shopping is done, I have the proper time and focus to appreciate the Christmas season without feeling like I lose all of my weekends to shopping at the mall with the masses.
Of course, no matter how hard you try to find a unique and personal gift, there will always be those people on your list who are just impossible to shop for. For these people, we have the GAP family. What I love most about GAP brands (Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Piperlime, and Athleta), is you can shop at all of the brands using one shopping cart. I love that you can hop back and forth between them so easily and only have to check out once! Even better: they constantly have online deals running AND if you spend over $50 combined (or buy one item from Piperlime!) you get free shipping! These awesome perks make it easy to shop for everyone you know in virtually one place, using one shopping cart! Above are my top ten picks for those guys who are hard to shop for, there really is something for everyone.
Follow my Pinterest board to get more gift ideas throughout the entire holiday season!