January is the perfect time for a cozy and content hygge day. I love this article from the New Yorker and think it perfectly describes the Danish concept.
- The perfect slippers. These L.L.Bean slippers are largely regarded as just about perfect in New England.
- Candles. White Barn makes my favorite candles.
- Play your most relaxing playlist. I love this classic jazz one from Helena!
- Apply a face mask. This HydraClay Detox Mask epitomizes Hygge!
- Go for a walk. Even when it’s cold, I always try to go walking outside. I really believe there is no replacement for fresh air, even if it’s hurting your face. I love these Sorel boots for when there’s some snow or slush on the ground!
- Read a book. The perfect hygge moment in my eyes involves a physical book and zero blue light. Currently on my list is Elizabeth Gilbert’s The Signature of All Things. I love ‘Big Magic‘, but I have never read one of her novels, so I am really excited to jump into this one.
- Make a hot cup of tea. There are so many different types of tea, but I really want to try this detox tea from David’s.
- Get cozy under a warm blanket. These blankets from Target are so soft and delightful, I love that they come in large sizes so your whole body is covered.
- Make some chili for dinner. What’s better than homemade chili on a cold winter night? I have been dying to try this white chicken recipe!
- Bake something. I am always pinning tasty treats over on my Pinterest page, and this chocolate cake is my most recent addition!
What do you need for a perfect hygge moment? Let me know in the comment section! Have a wonderful day!